Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Return to my drawing table

Your arm is the extension of your heart and mind to control your brush. And pouring out your heart and mind out into your brush stroke is best by letting your arm swing free and your fingers familiar with the whole character of your brush; the handle, the size, the bristle, the resilience, the load.

It's been awhile I've been put my painting tools aside for office work. Probably I was just too lazy to exercise regularly, but most of the times I felt too tired and consumed with my job. But I finally managed to get back to my drawing table, unroll my brush scroll and rice paper, prepare the suzuri and inkstick.

Practice regularly, along with meditation, is key in developing your painting skill. You may disagree, but that was the case when it come to my personal experience. Halting your training for too long undermines your skills and and it surely spread the distance between your heart and mind and your brush. Your hands tremble as your heart lose the beat of your brush. And your brush strokes, won't express your genuine feeling at the time you were doing the painting.

The painting above was completed last night, after two hours warm up. I am still unhappy with the result, but I believe I poured my heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment